Mary River Wetlands
Once visited, never forgotten. Many believe that the vast wetlands of the Mary River are the most beautiful in the Top End. These wetlands are the home to a vast variety of birdlife, some of the biggest barramundi and the largest saltwater crocodiles. Lagoons, canals and billabongs make up the waterways of the wetlands of the Mary River, which runs both north and south of the Arnhem Highway. Just 110 kilometres from Darwin, the Mary River National Park incorporates many stunning destinations.
The Mary River National Park protects part of the Mary River catchment. The Mary River is one of eight rivers in the Top End which have large floodplains in their catchments. The Arnhem Highway crosses five of these eight rivers as you travel between Darwin and Jabiru. The billabongs, paperbark and monsoon forests support breeding populations of brolgas, egrets, black-necked storks, sea eagles, magpie geese and many more bird species. Without a doubt, Mary River National Park is a magical place.
- 6 Day Darwin to Alice Springs Adventure Tour
- 10 Day Alice Springs to Darwin Adventure Tour (Crocodile Rock)
- 4 Day 4WD Brolga Dreaming Top End Kakadu Tour
- 10 Day Top End and Red Centre Crocodile Rock Adventure
- 2 Day Kakadu National Park Tour (Turtle Dreaming)
- 3 Day Buffalo Dreaming Top End Tour
- 5 Day 4WD Jabiru Dreaming Top End Tour