Bowali Visitor Centre
Bowali is a Gun-djeihmi name for the local area and creek on land owned by the mirarr clan. The building's design was inspired by an Aboriginal rock shelter. Every half hour, there is an audio-visual presentation, giving different perspectives on Kakadu. The Marrawuddi Gallery promotes Aboriginal fine art by artists from Kakadu and the wider region.
The shape of this building represents a Warradjan, which is a Gun-djeihmi name for pig-nosed turtle. This cultural centre is on land owned by the Murumburr clan. Developed by Bininj/Mungguy, the display provides detailed information about local Aboriginal culture to help you gain an understanding of the connection Bininj/Mungguy have with their families and their land.
Traditional owners ask that you do not take photographs while you are inside Warradjan.
- 5 Day 4WD Arnhem Land Dreaming Top End Safari
- 6 Day Top End to Red Centre Northern Exposure Adventure
- 10 Day Red Centre & Top End Crocodile Rock Adventure Safari
- 3 Day 4WD Dragonfly Dreaming Top End Camping Safari
- 2 Day Turtle Dreaming Top End Safari
- 3 Day Buffalo Dreaming Top End Safari
- 4 Day 4WD Arnhem Land Dreaming Top End Safari
- 6 Day Top End to Red Centre Up Top Down Under Classic Safari
- 10 Day Top End and Red Centre Crocodile Rock Adventure