Wayoutback has been granted Level IV Respect our Culture (ROC) Certification. This program recognizes our sustainable business philosophy and environmental recognition of cultural respect of protocols towards the Indigenous families and peoples of the great southern land and particularly to those families we support within the Red Centre.
Below is more information about the ROC program and what it means to you as a consumer.
Respecting Our Culture (ROC)
The Respecting Our Culture (ROC) Program is a tourism industry development tool designed by Aboriginal Tourism Australia (ATA) and administered by Ecotourism Australia
The ROC program was produced through an extensive and ongoing national consultation by ATA with Indigenous communities, industry stakeholders and tourism operators. ROC embraces national accreditation standards to ensure tourism experiences meet customer expectations in a professional and sustainable way. It also encourages the industry to operate with respect for Indigenous cultural heritage.
The ROC Program
- Provides travellers with a recognised symbol as a means of identifying accredited Indigenous tourism products
- Elevates the value and profile of Indigenous tourism experiences as leading Australian tourism product
- Assists Indigenous tourism product to become internationally market ready
- Offers a guide to operators that will respect and protect cultural tourism practices that are sensitive to the needs of local communities
- Provides business and operational templates to assist businesses in improving their economic, environmental and risk management performance
- Offers guidelines for improved environmental practices minimising impacts and creating more efficient use of the land and other natural resources
- Is endorsed by Tourism Accreditation Australia (TAAL) as a national tourism accreditation program